Request An Appointment Online
The Business Resource Center is designed to provide Katy area entrepreneurs and business owners with timely and convenient access to important information and key resource required for the successful start-up and operation of business ventures in our community.
Experienced business owners and managers comprise the Leadership Team of the Business Resource Center. They are committed to helping new businesses achieve their goals and objectives.
The Business Resource Center provides business counseling services in cooperation with one of its members, SCORE, Counselors to America’s Small Business. Whether you are just starting a business or expanding an established business, SCORE counselors are here to help you succeed. Meet with a business counselor to develop your business plan, discuss a new idea or tackle a business problem.
A SCORE counselor is available for meetings at the offices of the Katy Area Chamber of Commerce in LaCenterra on Mondays from 12pm to 4pm. To request an appointment, click on the link at the top or bottom of this page.
If specialized assistance is needed, the Business Resource Center can provide introductions to and information from:
- Governmental Agencies
- Law Firms
- Accounting Firms
- Advertising and Marketing media and market research organizations
- Employment agencies and HR services firms
- Commercial banks and other financing sources
- Real Estate firms and title companies
- Graphics, signs, printing and promotional products companies
- Business insurance agencies
- Communications services providers
- Business technologies and equipment suppliers
- Workplace environment, furnishings and interior design firms
- Business and personal advisory firms
- Business educational organizations
- Architects and building design firms
Assistance is available for:
- Business, personal and family financial planning
- Determining the best business structure (Corp., Partnership, LLC, etc)
- Writing a Business and Strategic Plan
- Determining the amount of capital you need.
- Developing a financing plan for your business
- Assessing your manpower and skills requirements
- Evaluating the existing competition
- Understanding business regulations and licensing for your industry and trade area
- Determining your future Tax liabilities (Income, Sales, Franchise, Employee)
- Developing a risk management and business insurance plan
- Finding the best location for your business and negotiating a lease or purchase
- Accessing additional business management training
- Developing a marketing and advertising plan
- Understanding business accounting and financial statements
- Determining business equipment needs and negotiating leases or purchases
- Exploring business communications equipment and services
- Other items and issues you would like to explore
The services of the Center are free to all Chamber members. Non-members are also invited to participate with the understanding that they will consider joining the Chamber at some point and, if needed, they will consider the use of the specialized resources of Chamber members which may be fee based services.
Request An Appointment Online