Quality education matters to the health and sustainability of business and our community. That’s why the Katy Area Chamber is deeply invested in supporting strong education institutions and opportunities that continually strengthen the region’s local workforce talent pipeline and vibrant business climate.
With the local public school district, several charter and private school options, and a variety of higher education and continuing education opportunities, the Katy Area is fortunate to have a strong foundation for all learners from pre-K through post-secondary. Interests of local students, businesses and Katy Area communities are aligned:
- Students - having the opportunity to improve educational outcomes within strong learning environments creates better career options
- Business Community - having a sustainable, highly-trained, local workforce reduces hiring, training, on-boarding costs and increases the likelihood of business success
- Katy Area communities - having strong educational opportunities and a healthy business climate ensures the Katy Area remains a magnet for families and businesses
Early Education through High School
All children in our region need access to a high-quality education. A strong educational system prepares students to graduate with the skills needed to succeed and provides the business community with a talented and skilled workforce. Through partnerships with our local school districts, we focus on driving improvements in public education by:
- Encouraging program development and curriculums that increase career, college, and workforce readiness for students by supporting creative and innovative teaching methods and resources through the education foundation; and
- Fostering knowledge and connections between education experts, thought leaders and the business community to understand current issues that impact education; and
- Coordinating on federal, state and local advocacy efforts.
The Katy Area Chamber partners with higher education institutions and community colleges to develop initiatives that increase access and create the most qualified candidates to meet the changing demands of the workforce.
To achieve this goal, we:
- Engage with key higher education leaders to advise on pressing local, state and national issues impacting higher education outcomes; and
- Support community organizations aimed at improving the quality of and access to higher education in the region.
Continued workforce development is critically important to the economic vitality of the region’s business climate. Working with our business members and regional continuing education providers, the Katy Area Chamber strives to create programs and opportunities to enable workers to develop the skills necessary to support their careers.